Saturday, September 5, 2020

A little background about me


Hello! My name is Lesly Olivas, I am 18 years old and I live in Arizona, originally from Denver. I just graduated from high school earlier this year. As the majority of 2020 graduates would agree, it is a sad way to end four important years in school. Prom and graduation were canceled at my high school, as well as another graduation from my second school. I was happy my high school offered students to take pictures in their caps and gowns, mine shown below:  

                                            


I went to 2 schools, my last 2 years of high school I would go to a school called West-Mec after I finished classes, this is where I got my dental assisting certification. There are various locations and programs, it is a great opportunity for everyone, from high school students to adults. Here is the link if you are interested, West-Mec, the teachers for dental assisting were great, I made a lot of new friends. The dental assisting program was also brand new last year so I was apart of the first cohort. The school was very beautiful and big, I loved the labs, the laboratory was very high tech and up to date with the newest items. Take a look at the northwest campus below:

        


 I am a health sciences major; I am not sure exactly what career path I want to pursue yet. I am very interested in the healthcare field, right now I am just taking the basic entry-level college classes, as this is my first year at GCC. I plan to get my Associate's Degree from GCC and go from there, that should give me some time to figure out my next steps. Some of my favorite hobbies right now are just swimming and watching Netflix or YouTube, there is not much I can do right now because of the pandemic. I hope everyone has found some new hobbies or ways to keep busy at home! I have gotten into cooking and baking; I love trying new recipes. I am taking life one day at a time, excited to see where the next day brings me. I hope to meet all of you in the future, good luck!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment