Hello again, my last few blogs have been a bit random, I have been trying to use more detail in my writing. Let me know what you think of my last couple of blogs!
Today I want to talk about a trip I had recently gone on. It was a family trip so everyone packed into our mom's car and our adventure began. It was a 12-hour drive, from Phoenix to Denver, we thought a road trip would be fun, as we have never really gone on trips before. I imagined it to be more fun, like this:
In reality, the trip was more like this: There was a lot of fighting and sleeping for the most part so it was boring, not fun at all. Once we actually got to our destination, it was a trip to remember. When we first got there, it wasn't too much of a difference from the hot Arizona weather, to a Denver winter. I was born in Denver, Colorado so that is why we thought it would be a fun trip, to visit where we used to live, as well as see the snow, since it is winter. We ate at a lot of the old restaurants we used to go to, one was a Chinese restaurant. The shop was very small and we were surprised it was still there, in the same spot. They have this sesame chicken, and it was actually really good, I had never tried it before. It has a very tangy, yet sweet flavor, and the sesame seeds added a nice crunch. It was served with a side of fried rice, which had corn and peas in it, I didn't think it sounded good, but mixed with the sesame chicken, it was very delicious. We also went to a number of other restaurants, but that sesame chicken is something I am craving now that I am back in Phoenix. As for the weather, the snow was actually a lot softer than I thought it would be and it was sparkling, it was very beautiful, but insanely cold, around ten degrees Fahrenheit, the wind made it feel much colder. Here are a few pictures:
The streets were covered and at the same level as the sidewalk, as shown in the second photo. It was a little scary to drive, but in the morning, the city workers were pretty good at scooping the snow out of the road and laying sand down, to give some grip to the roads. The snow wasn't dense enough to make snowballs, but it was still fun to see. Overall the trip included good food, messing around in the snow, and watching Christmas movies with hot chocolate. I love the Christmas season, so this definitely helped me to get into the Christmas spirit! I will see you guys next time!




Hi there Lesly! I liked reading about your trip to Colorado especially since I love snow! I don't mean to be a downer, but I feel your free choice blogs are getting away from the casual-professional approach we're going for. Other than that great blog very fun to read!
ReplyDeleteHey, Lesly. Your new entries are looking pretty good. You present some interesting topics and comments, and you have some good content development; you are working to create significance for your audience to connect and relate to. Keep at it. As you write your entries, don't forget about rhetoric, the lead in, and the sign off. Good visual appeal. Keep editing carefully.
ReplyDelete