Hello again, I have been writing a lot of entries about the food industry. Once I started looking into it I couldn't stop researching and learning more about food production in America. I think this is a very complex economy and there are many parts to it. I understand that this may not be the most interesting topic to read about but I just wanted to do my part and educate people on what is currently happening. I hope this will help to make some change, but that is not what today is about.
Today I wanted to talk about my journey in college so far and give an update. As I stated in my first blog, giving background about me, this is my first year in college. It was hard ending four years of high school and having no graduation, receiving a gown and tassel I cannot wear, and just being handed a piece of paper as if my diploma did not matter. This was all at the start of Covid-19 when it was ramping up, and because of that I also had to start college doing all online classes as many of you also had to do.
As of now, I am doing well in my classes, I am almost done with my pre-requisites. I just have the spring semester and then I will finish my last couple of classes next summer. I am doing the basic pre-requisites for health sciences and I am not sure what I want to do next. When I was younger I always said I wanted to be a doctor because they pay well, but I do not think I would be able to go through 8+ years of college classes at a minimum.
I am trying to find a career that interests me, of course, everyone wants a high-paying job, but if it is not something that you find interesting you'll most likely dread it no matter how much money you make. My mom made this exact mistake, she became a nurse because she thought it was a well-paying job and it was very popular, but it was not worth it. She hated going to work and for a family of six, it was not enough money to keep her going. I want to go into the health field somewhere, I am just not sure where. Luckily, I have a good scholarship so I have not paid too much for my classes so far. I am still trying to find what exactly I have a passion for in the health field, the healthcare field does interest me, I just do not know what yet. Let me know what career path you guys plan to take and how you are doing in college so far, especially during this hard time.




Those pictures where so cute it made me want to read the article. Your whole set up was nice and I might go to read another one of your blogs.
ReplyDeleteGreat job with your last 5 entries, Lesly! Interesting ideas and developed content coupled with nice visual appeal creates a very engaging blog. Nice job. Keep blogging!
ReplyDelete